Beetroot Hummus and Avocado Toast
Our beetroot hummus and avocado on toast is a quick and easy lunch option or great to serve as a canapé. Make a big bowl of beetroot hummus to have on hand when you need. You can also change the toppings. Try with some rocket or goats cheese. Our Vinofood Balsamic Shiraz Glaze goes nicely drizzled over the top for an extra hit of flavour.
- 400 gm chickpeas (tinned)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 each lemon (juice & zest)
- 200 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2-3 tbsp Vinofood Beetroot & Shiraz Relish
- 1 avocado
- 1 loaf seeded sourdough bread
- ½ cup Italian parsley (chopped)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds for garnish
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Combine chickpeas, tahnini, garlic and olive oil in a food processor.
- Mix until a smooth dip like consistency. Add water if too thick.
- Add beetroot relish and mix to combine.
- Slice the bread and toast.
- Top the toast with a large spoonful of beetroot hummus.
- Add sliced avocado and a sprinkle of sesame seeds and parsley to serve.